Cold Crash – The FAQ
Cold Crash – The FAQ: Are you stuck? Don’t you remember? Do you want to know how to reach a better end? Read the FAQ – and join in the discussion!
Cold Crash works slightly different than similar text/graphic adventures of this kind. You’re stuck, you can’t go on or you don’t know how to solve a problem? In this overview, in this FAQ, we have put together some of the most frequently asked questions about the game. We’ll show you how Cold Crash works and how you can reach all text passages and all eight ends.
- Cold Crash uses variables (for professionals: integer and boolean). This means that depending on what you do or leave, or what items you find, the story takes a different turn. This does not only concern objects, but also decisions or events that you experience or pass by. When you “rewind”the story, i. e. scroll up, the current state of the variable is restored. An example: You receive an item, but lose it again. Just scroll back to the moment you had it and continue playing from there.
- Attention, the variables are also valid for events that Anna observes or passes!
- There are a total of eight different ends – four of them are called “bad”and four are called “good”. Why is that so? We love games where the player can influence the outcome of the story! Either Anna’s story ends with a happy ending or as a tragedy. Either she survives or she dies. We do not want to give away so much here, but there are two other events that have an impact on the quality of the end. Depending on which objects Anna finds – or overlooks – and into which situations she finds herself, the game evaluates the outcome of the story differently. If Anna survives greater dangers, this automatically means a better end. The same applies to things found and information about the background of the plane crash.
You're stuck and you can't get anywhere with Cold Crash? Here are some tips for the game. But beware: spoiler alarm! Read on at your own risk!
How do I get warm clothes?
Walk towards the meteorological station or hunting lodge?
Why are there eight different ends?
- Anna meets the soldier - or not
- Anna finds the diamonds - or not
- Anna survives in the end - or dies.
- End 1/8 (very good): Anna survives and successfully hides the diamonds from the soldier.
- End of 2/8 (good): Anna survives the encounter with the soldier, but has not found the diamonds.
- End of 3/8 (bad): The soldier shoots Anna, but can get a hold on his knife and takes him with her.
- End of 4/8 (very bad): Anna is dead, and the soldier escapes with the diamonds.
- End 5/8 (very good): Anna survives with the diamonds. This end is subdivided again - if Anna also overcomes the soldier, she also finds out some background information about the crash.
- End 6/8 (good): Anna survives, but without diamonds. This end is also divided into two variants, depending on whether Anna meets the soldier or not.
- End 7/8 (bad): Anna finds the diamonds, but can't save herself.
- End 8/8 (very bad): Anna dies in the snow without having found the diamonds.
Photo: Evan Qu on Unsplash